Am I eligible for Child Tax Credit if I don’t have a Social Security Number?

To be eligible for the Child Tax Credit (CTC), each child claimed must have a Social Security Number (SSN) and each parent must have either a Social Security Number (SSN) or an Individual Taxpayer Identity Number (ITIN).
If you do not currently have an Individual Taxpayer Identity Number (ITIN), but want to claim the Child Tax Credit for your children. GetYourRefund does not currently offer support for obtaining an ITIN. Please use our VITA Location Finder to find an in-person site near you. Note that not allin-person sites can help with applying and renewing an ITIN. We recommend contacting the office directly to confirm.

How helpful was this answer?